Biochemical analysis uses similarities in __________ as evidence for evolutionary relationships. A)DNA sequences B)bone structure C)cellular architecture D)homologous structures
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/01/2020 - 06:04 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/01/2020 - 06:04 AM
1. The answer is A. The eradication of plants in an ecosystem would devastate the food web in the habitat. This is because plants are primary producers and significant as conduits of energy into a food web. Plants convert radiant energy from the sun to biomass through photosynthesis. This energy then transferred up the food chain through various form of interaction such as predation.
2. The answer is B. Global warming causes water at the equator to be even warmer above normal temperatures. This fans the upwelling of cold water from below the ocean floor and causes an even greater disparity of temperatures across the Pacific ocean. This subsequently fans the trade winds hence warming the air even more and causing severe storms.
3. The answer is B. The flooding of the coastal area due to hurricanes destroys the biodiversity of the ecosystem by physically destroying the habitat and by drowning organisms such as affecting a whole species population. This upsets the balance of the ecosystem and makes it prone to even further deterioration.
4. The answer is A. When the surface ocean waters at the Pacific ocean warm at the equator, there is an upwelling of cooler ocean waters from the bottom of the ocean., The warm currents along with trade move towards the east and met the South American coastline where they bring in heavy rainfall. Conversely, the northwestern region of the Pacific experiences drought.
5. The answer is C. Elnino and La Nina occurs at a frequency of approximately two(2) to seven (7) years. The phenomenon usually lasts nine (9) to twelve (12) months. El Ninos are more frequent than La Ninas. Their peak effect is usually felt around December and January. The strongest El Nino was the one that occurred in 1997.
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 07:04 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 07:04 PM
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 06:46 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 06:46 PM
Mark me brainiest answer is b
How does natural selection change the frequency of genes or traits over many generations? Biology students conducted an experiment mimicking genetic variation and coloration. Students used different colored beans to represent animals that might be prey: mice, for example. A student in each group was the predator: a hawk. Beans (mice) were randomly scattered on multicolored floor tiles, each color within four tiles. The hawk collected mice (beans) for 10 seconds. Mice not eaten reproduced. Three generations of data a shown in the table.
Speckled and striped beans (mice) had the best survival rates. Why?
A) They reproduced very rapidly.
B) Coloration was a form of camouflage.
C) They mimicked other mice and were spared.
D) The speckled and striped beans had a wider range.
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 06:37 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 06:37 PM
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 06:34 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 06:34 PM
Alveoli are the basic functional units of respiratory system which play actual role of exchange of gases. Alveoli are tiny balloon like air sacs which exist as a single cell not as a group of cells. They are responsible for exchange of gases like oxygen and carbon dioxide in our body. As soon as we inhale with the help of nose, a lot of air full of oxygen first reaches pharynx and then trachea. From trachea it ultimately reaches alveoli. Since alveoli have air full of oxygen so the partial pressure is more at alveolar end while capillaries nearby alveoli have blood which is full of carbon dioxide so the partial pressure of carbon dioxide is more in capillaries. Now, a gradient is set up as a result of which alveoli and blood capillaries exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide passively. Oxygen molecules from alveoli tend to diffuse to capillaries while carbon dioxide molecules from capillaries tend to move towards alveoli. The movement/exchange of gases continues until an equilibrium condition is reached. After which the carbon dioxide is exhaled out of out body with the help of same respiratory tract mentioned above.
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 05:14 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 05:14 PM
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 03:47 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 03:47 PM
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 02:01 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 02:01 AM
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 12:30 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 12:30 AM
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 12:27 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 12:27 AM
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 12:14 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 12:14 AM
ANSWERED AT 16/02/2020 - 12:10 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 16/02/2020 - 12:10 AM
ANSWERED AT 14/02/2020 - 05:02 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 14/02/2020 - 05:02 PM
ANSWERED AT 14/02/2020 - 04:00 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 14/02/2020 - 04:00 PM
ANSWERED AT 14/02/2020 - 02:56 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 14/02/2020 - 02:56 PM
ANSWERED AT 14/02/2020 - 01:52 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 14/02/2020 - 01:52 PM
ANSWERED AT 14/02/2020 - 09:46 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 14/02/2020 - 09:46 AM
ANSWERED AT 13/02/2020 - 11:03 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 13/02/2020 - 11:03 AM
ANSWERED AT 12/02/2020 - 03:30 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 12/02/2020 - 03:30 PM
In RNA Adenine bonds to Uracil
In the transcription a ribonucleic acid (RNA) copy of a DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) molecule is made.
During transcription of DNA, RNA uses the uracil base, it bonds with the adenine DNA nucleotide. Thymine is not used as a base in any RNA nucleotide. Thymine and Uracil are identical ring structures but there is a methyl group on thymine and uracil contains a hydrogen atom.
ANSWERED AT 12/02/2020 - 02:50 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 12/02/2020 - 02:50 PM
6. Deductive reasoning does not need to consider variables
10. Plants with fibrous roots are better for the environment for the environment than those with taproots for all of the following reasons EXCEPT
-Fibrous roots need more water than taproots.
14. How many nutrients do plants need to thrive
I just took the test. Everything else was correct.
ANSWERED AT 12/02/2020 - 11:34 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 12/02/2020 - 11:34 AM
ANSWERED AT 12/02/2020 - 10:53 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 12/02/2020 - 10:53 AM
ANSWERED AT 12/02/2020 - 09:22 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 12/02/2020 - 09:22 AM
ANSWERED AT 11/02/2020 - 02:32 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 11/02/2020 - 02:32 PM
ANSWERED AT 11/02/2020 - 11:31 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 11/02/2020 - 11:31 AM
ANSWERED AT 10/02/2020 - 11:54 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 10/02/2020 - 11:54 PM
ANSWERED AT 10/02/2020 - 02:21 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 10/02/2020 - 02:21 PM
ANSWERED AT 10/02/2020 - 02:11 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 10/02/2020 - 02:11 PM
ANSWERED AT 10/02/2020 - 01:44 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 10/02/2020 - 01:44 PM
the answer is c
i just took the test
ANSWERED AT 09/02/2020 - 08:14 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 09/02/2020 - 08:14 PM
One gene controls the synthesis of one polypeptide.
The concept of one gene-one enzyme was given by Beadle and Tatum. This concept states that a gene codes only for a single enzyme. The enzyme affects the metabolic pathway of the reaction.
The enzymes are the proteins which performs a metabolic function. The protein is made up of amino acids. The amino acids are joined together to form a linear chain. This linear chain is also called as a polypeptide.
ANSWERED AT 09/02/2020 - 08:00 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 09/02/2020 - 08:00 PM