Which lines in this excerpt from “Song of Myself” by Walt Whitman reflect the realist view of death?
QUESTION POSTED AT 20/01/2020 - 12:59 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 20/01/2020 - 12:59 PM
1. The correct answer is B. Remorseful. At the beginning, Victor was enthusiastic and full of hope that his scientific achievement would make the world better. However, soon he realizes that he has brought a misery not only upon himself, but the world at large. It brings him a feeling of devastation and great remorse, which will haunt him until the end of his days.
2. The correct answer is C. Both A and B. The general point of view is first person; the story about Frankenstein is told by Captain Robert, and the story within the story is told by Frankenstein himself. However, Frankenstein’s story is actually a great flashback on his personal history and all that happened to him.
3. The correct answer is C. Letters. The very name “epistolary” derives from the word epistle, which means a personal document written to another person. The whole novel about Frankenstein is actually part of a written correspondence between Captain Robert Walton and his sister Margaret. Even Frankenstein’s own story is incorporated into one of those letters. Ever since the Enlightenment (mid-18th century), epistolary novels were very popular and widely read.
4. The correct answer is A. Anatomy. The term “natural philosophy” referred, among others, to anatomy, long before the development of modern natural sciences. It was, in a way, a middle ground of what we today call humanistic and natural science. It tried to explain complex issues of human body and existence, trying to find answers to most pertinent of all questions: the phenomena of life and death.
6. The correct answer is B. Victor is afraid that it would lead to Robert’s destruction and misery. He tells him all about the creature and their full history. But he never reveals him how he managed to create him in the first place. Victor is fully determined that his secret should die with him, so as not to bring further misery. From his present perspective, it is an unholy and wretched thing, and he condemns his own scientific curiosity that had brought him to that discovery.
7. The correct answer is A. Pride. Victor is horrified and disgusted by the creature, who is a weird and uncanny mix between a human and a thorough inversion of a human – he is taller and far stronger than “normal” humans, but his face and features are disfigured and grotesque. Victor instantly realizes that this was not what he had hoped for. Far from being proud because of his achievement, he grows literally sick and takes months to recover.
8. The correct answer is B. Is walking during a storm and lightning flashes. Victor is roaming the woods where his brother William was recently strangled to death. All of a sudden, a lightning flashes and illuminates a giant, deformed figure. Victor instantly realizes that it must be his creature, and shudders at the thought that it must have been responsible for his brother’s death.
9. The correct answer is C. Elizabeth. At the moment, Victor and Elizabeth are visiting Justine in her prison cell. She is to be executed the following day because she admitted to killing William, which she actually didn’t do. Victor knows the truth and who the real culprit is, but won’t tell anyone for the fear of being considered mad. He and Elizabeth thoroughly sympathize with Justine, and even Elizabeth believes that she is completely innocent, even though there is no proof for that. Elizabeth feels so bad that she declares she would rather share Justine’s fate than live in the cruel world without justice.
ANSWERED AT 19/02/2020 - 05:48 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 19/02/2020 - 05:48 PM
B. is the correct answer to this question apex 2018 :)
(The wagon was linded with green cloth...)
ANSWERED AT 19/02/2020 - 11:08 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 19/02/2020 - 11:08 AM
The correct answer is D.
The stage directions reveal that Vivien is completely sure of her decision.
Her throwing away her cigarrete shows that she is going to take immediate action in order to get what she wants.
ANSWERED AT 19/02/2020 - 12:51 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 19/02/2020 - 12:51 AM
The answer is C
ANSWERED AT 19/02/2020 - 12:10 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 19/02/2020 - 12:10 AM
ANSWERED AT 19/02/2020 - 12:06 AM
QUESTION POSTED AT 19/02/2020 - 12:06 AM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 11:58 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 11:58 PM
The excerpt supports the conclusion that Gertrude b. can’t bear listening to Hamlet because she knows he’s right.
The tone of Gertrude words begs to Hamlet to stop talking as well as showing a sense of denial. If we quote "These words like daggers enter in mine ears; " we have a clear example of this.
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 11:47 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 11:47 PM
The correct answer is A.
First person point of view is a set of linguistic forms (such as verb forms, pronouns, and inflectional affixes) referring to the speaker or writer of the utterance in which they occur. This point of view is generally limited in that the audience only experiences what the speaker/narrator himself experiences. In this kind of narrative, you are inside a character’s head, watching the story unfold through that character’s eyes.
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 11:37 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 11:37 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:36 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:36 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:33 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:33 PM
1. Actions in haste can bring about destruction.
Many events in the story happen because of the impulsivity of the characters. Tybalt promises to seek revenge on Romeo because he's quick to anger when Romeo shows up at the Capulet party. Romeo is quick to kill Tybalt after the death of Mercutio. Juliet is quick to kill herself (even though she just pretends at first) when Romeo is banished. Romeo is quick to kill himself when he hears that Juliet is dead. Juliet then actually kills herself immediately after seeing Romeo dead. All this death is destruction.
2. Juliet is actually weeping over Romeo's banishment.
Paris thinks that Juliet is weeping over Tybalt's death, but really it's Romeo's banishment because of Tybalt's death. Paris thinks that Juliet is to distraught to think of love and yet the person she thinks of is her love.
3. A nurse claims to be too tired to give Juliet Romeo's message.
The nurse drags out the message she brings back to Juliet by saying she is so out of breath she can't deliver the message. Juliet tells her if you have enough breath to tell me your out of breath you can give me the message! The nurse keeps delaying because she enjoys the attention she is getting from Juliet.
4. Juliet's beauty shines like the sun.
It's Shakespeare, he wouldn't use this beautiful imagery to simply say that Juliet is standing at the window...there's always more. Also, Romeo is in love with Juliet, his descriptive language is used to show how his world revolves around Juliet, his sun.
5. By comparing Juliet to a flower, Capulet emphasizes that she is too beautiful to die.
In the lines, he describes the flower as sweetest which shows its beauty. The flower is not shown to have any age so this eliminates the second best option.
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:24 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:24 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:23 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:23 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:16 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:16 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:09 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:09 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:07 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:07 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:05 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 02:05 PM
They entered, covered with snow, their helmets sprinkled with a creamy-looking froth, which gave them the appearance of meringues.
They had placed their rifles and helmets in a corner and waited for supper, as well behaved as children on a school bench.
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:54 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:54 PM
The answer is: Because Ulysses killed his son Antinous.
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:53 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:53 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:46 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:46 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:41 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:41 PM
Answer:The correct answers are:
A.) it conveys the poet's horror at the death of his captain.
D.) It reflects the poet's disturbed and agitated state of mind.
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:21 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:21 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:16 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 01:16 PM
Only know what Nick tells them and have their opinions shaped by him.
F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby" tells the story of Jay Gatsby, though from the point of view of a different character Nick Carraway. Although the protagonist of the story is Jay and even the title is his name, the whole story was narrated by jay's neighbor Nick. It is through Nick that we know of the scenes and events, limiting us to the inner feelings of the characters. The point of view of the whole plot is from Nick's perspective, which limits our view/access only through what he tells us. Except when the other characters reveal their feelings to him, we have no knowledge of what the other characters feel or think.
Thus, the author, Fitzgerald's decision to write the story from Nick's point of view means that the readers only know what Nick tells us. Also, whatever opinions that may have come up will all be shaped by Nick, for we view the story from his eyes and have no access to the other characters' feelings to think otherwise.
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:52 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:52 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:44 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:44 PM
the answer is backstory
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:42 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:42 PM
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:41 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:41 PM
Some common examples:I am so hungry I could eat a horse.I had a ton of chores to do.
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:33 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:33 PM
The answer is A and I did the test so I hope is helps
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:31 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:31 PM
I know what you're trying to say and the answer is A (Does technology help or hinder meaningful communication?)
The text Alex sends is short and seemingly unimportant, but Rebecca reading the text and knowing to wait for him is dire in the moment, so it poses the question of whether technology is good or bad for communication.
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:26 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:26 PM
The correct answers are options:
A) It states how Van Lew acted as an important leader and manager at a time when women were generally discouraged from taking on those roles.
B) It shows that Van Lew was dedicated to a cause outside of her family and worked hard for her beliefs.
Just did the quiz and did this question, hope this helps and have a gr8 day buds <3\
ANSWERED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:23 PM
QUESTION POSTED AT 18/02/2020 - 12:23 PM